LO-GO Appointments Collection Statement
We do not collect personal or sensitive information unless it is necessary for the performance of our tasks or functions.
What your personal information is
Personal information is any information or opinion about you. It would include the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal information includes sensitive information as defined in the privacy legislation. It could include, for example relevant information obtained lawfully via criminal history check. Under privacy laws we only collect information if it is necessary for the performance of one or more of our tasks or functions, and subject to the expectations set out in privacy laws, we would not collect sensitive information without your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by LO-GO Appointments for its own use.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact the General Manager on (07) 5477 5433 . During normal office hours which are 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
How you information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit on of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration. It is your responsibility to ensure this information is current and correct. Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any referee comments about you
- we receive results of injuries from your current or former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- we receive any information about a workplace accident or incident in which you are involved
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- we receive any information from any university, education or training institution
- you provide us with any additional information about you.
Your information will be used
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement
- your performance appraisal
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that required disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to...
- potential and actual employers and clients of LO-GO Appointments
- our insurers
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- a Workers Compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain information.
If you do not give us the information we seek
If you do not give us the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principles 6 - Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Manager, whose details are shown above.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.