Environmental Health Officer
Cassowary Coast Regional Council
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council
- Tropical North Queensland
Between the hustle and bustle of Cairns and Townsville in North Queensland lies the Cassowary Coast Region renowned for its relaxed tropical lifestyle, beauty and cultural diversity. The region is bordered by the Great Barrier Reef, World Heritage Rainforests, secluded beaches and tropical islands and is home to approximately 30,000 people.
The Position: Reporting to the Coordinator Regulatory Services you will be responsible for ensuring compliance and enforcement of the environmental and public health regulations including undertaking investigations, inspections and approvals relating to public health, food, vector control, asbestos, litter, illegal dumping, waste reduction, skin penetration, environmental nuisance and local laws permits.
Skills / Experience Required: To be successful in this role you will possess:
• Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health and eligibility for membership with the Institute of Environmental Health Australia;
• Sound experience within a similar position ideally within Queensland Local Government;
• Ability to interpret, apply and communicate the applicable Acts, Regulations and Local Laws;
• Demonstrated knowledge of environmental health issues faced by rural Local Governments;
• Demonstrated experience in conducting audits, routine inspections and investigating complaints;
• Well-developed communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills; and
• Current "C" Class Driver's Licence.
$58,560.84 - $78,677.04 plus benefits
Permanent (view all permanent positions)
To obtain an Information Package contact:
Faith Della-Sabina P: (07) 5477 5433
Applications close Monday, 29th January 2018
APPLY ONLINE EMAIL TO A FRIEND