Community Recreation & Outside School Hours Care Coordinator
Croydon Shire Council
• Full-time position
• Attractive salary and benefits
• Unique opportunity
Croydon is located in the heart of the Gulf Savannah, just south of the base of the Gulf of Carpentaria in Far North Queensland, approximately 550km south-west of Cairns.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Educator to expand their skills and responsibilities while having a positive impact on not just the lives of the children but the whole Croydon Shire Community.
The Position: Reporting directly to the CEO this position is responsible for management and delivery of the After School and Vacation Care programs and improving the health and wellbeing of the Croydon Shire Residents in the provision and promotion of community recreation activities.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Diploma of Children's Services (Early Childhood Education and Care) or an approved qualification for Educators working with over preschool age children;
• Experience in the management, administration, programming and delivery of After School and Vacation Care Programs;
• Knowledge of the requirement outlined in the Education and Care Services Act and regulations;
• Ability to lead and mentor a small team;
• Experience in providing community, recreation and sport activities will be highly regarded;
• Hold a current First Aid / CPR / Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificate, Working with Children Blue Card and a manual Class ‘C' Drivers Licence; and
• Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Permanent (view all permanent positions)
To obtain an Information Package contact:
Faith Della-Sabina P: (07) 5477 5433
Applications close Monday, 25th September 2017
APPLY ONLINE EMAIL TO A FRIEND