Construction & Maintenance Foreperson
Cairns & Far North
We are seeking an experienced Road Construction and Maintenance Foreperson for a temporary seven month assignment based in the Gulf of Carpentaria.
The position is responsible for managing road construction and maintenance teams to ensure effective utilisation of plant, labour and materials whilst producing a high quality product.
Travel expenses at the beginning and end of the assignment will be covered and accommodation is also provided for the full duration of the assignment. The hours of work are 10 hours per day, working on a 10 days on 4 days off roster. On-site camping is required on the 10 days on.
- Implement routine maintenance programs for roads, car parks, urban roads, drainage and other infrastructure;
- Proactively identify periodic and routine maintenance needs and implement works, without relying on prescribed programs;
- Liaise with the Director, Works Manager and Works Supervisor regarding any major maintenance problems that become evident and require a high level of technical expertise, or funds to rectify;
- Understand project specifications and requirements to ensure that work is delivered on time and within strict budgets; and
- Perform routine administration tasks including authorising timesheets and completing daily plant dockets.
- Substantial experience supervising crews undertaking road construction and maintenance activities, including NDRRA restoration works;
- Knowledge of Road Maintenance Performance Contracts (RMPC) and Road Performance Contracts (RPC);
- Sound knowledge of TMR Specifications and Standard Drawings;
- Demonstrated ability to assist in programming works, managing programs and controlling costs;
- Strong communication skills in person, over the telephone and through email correspondence;
- Sound computer and keyboard skills, including an intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Office suite;
- Relevant qualifications, such as a Certificate III in Road Construction and Maintenance, or the equivalent;
- Traffic Management Level II, or be willing to obtain;
- Fatigue Management Competencies, or be willing to obtain;
- General Construction Safety Card;
- Minimum C class drivers licence, ideally a HR truck licence;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate is desirable; and
- Available to commence ASAP.
Temporary (view all temporary positions)
To apply, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com or for more information contact LO-GO Appointments on (07) 5477 5433.
APPLY ONLINE EMAIL TO A FRIEND